Sunday, January 17, 2010

Countdown to Kelly Ripa, day 23: Supplies

  • Pin It
For someone who doesn't (yet) like to decorate baked goods, I have an awful lot of decorative doodads in my pantry. Today I pulled them all out to see if any would help me as I practice for next month's cake decorating event with Kelly Ripa in New York, a benefit for the Ovarian Cancer Research Fund. Here's what I found:




 
 
 
 

Notice that many of these come in large containers and were purchased either at Surfas, a most marvelous restaurant supply and gourmet store in nearby Culver City, or at Smart & Final, which is like a smaller version of Costco, minus the furniture and clothing, plus janitorial and foodservice items.

Notice also that only the blue and green food coloring remain. Where did the red and yellow go? A Halloween project years ago, maybe? Or to the "experiments" my kids liked to do years ago, which involved food coloring, dish soap and a huge mess?

So. What would you do with these? You're smart and creative. Me, not so much, at least in the realm of cake decorating. I'm looking for ideas for cookies, cakes, cupcakes....How do I put this stuff I've collected to good use? Tell me in the comments section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment